Friday, January 29, 2010

American Girl Doll Sweater continued...

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to give me suggestions for the yarn I should use to replace Matchmaker in my new American Girl Doll Sweater Pattern. It was wonderful to read all your comments. Most of you favored Palette, a KnitPicks yarn.

The first thing I did this morning was to order a skein of KnitPicks Palette in color Raspberry Heather.



Then I went to one of our yarn stores in Boston, A good Yarn to look for what I thought would also be a great choice Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift.

I got a couple skeins in the lovely Moorgrass colorway. (I have something for heathers at the moment!)



I think both the Knitpicks Palette and the Jamieson's Spindrift will work beautifully.

And since I was just too excited about the new pattern, I swatched with the Jamieson's.



This is going to be beautiful, don't you think?

3 comments:

A said...

Oooh, I love the color of the Jamieson's Sprindrift!

Monika said...

I thought KP Palette was a good choice too, because it's easily available and affordable. I love all heathered yarns too! This colorway looks gorgeous. I wish I had a doll to knit for. I'd feel silly doing so just for the heck of it though. :o)

Dani said...

The Jamieson's is gorgeous. I've just started knitting for my niece's AG doll and can hardly wait to see your pattern for the sweater. It is just too cute.