Friday, August 27, 2010

Fall Rovings

Today I played with rovings in fall tones. I used my 2 step process to dye the rovings, dyeing them once, and then using shibori techniques overdyeing them in a gentle color bath. I cannot tell you how much I love the richness of the colors. I also love the fact, that each batch is unique. Each day I dye fibers is a unique experience for me.



This week has been a busy week for me, as Miss SockPixie left to study in France for the next three years. I will miss my dear friend with whom I shared so many special moments talking about her dreams or mine. I am adjusting...

4 comments:

Sharon said...

When your daughter returns in 3 weeks, your conversations will be richer for her experiences. I wish her a happy and fulfilling trip, and for you - her speedy and safe return.

SockPixie said...

Dear Sharon,

I selfishly wish it was 3 weeks. 3 years seems like a really long, but I am sure will just zoom by.

Caroline

Rumi said...

It is always hard to send your child so far away but she will treasure the experience forever.

Stop by and see what I am doing with the laceweight I purchased from you.

SockPixie said...

Thanks Rumi. I a hopping over to your blog right now!