Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Knitting My Own Citron

Ever since I saw Citron, in the Winter 2009 issu of Knitty, I have wanted to knit it. What a lovely shawl! I just had not found the yarn I wanted to knit it with, that is until I created wonderful overdyes on Bamboo!

The pattern is wonderful, and the yarn is so soft, has such wonderful drape, and the slightest sheen. I chose to knit my citron using the colorway I called Peaceful. The color variations only add dimension to the rushed effects of the shawl.
I find knitting this shawl so relaxing.



I added 3 skeins of Bamboo to my Etsy store. I will leave you with Rhapsody...


5 comments:

queenie said...

really lovely!!! I had not really looked at that pattern before. . . . you're right, though, it's a good one. Especially with your gorgeous colours. I'll look forward to seeing it finished.

SockPixie said...

Thanks Queenie. It is knitting up fast. I hope to show some progress tomorrow.

Laura said...

That yarn is gorgeous! I've looked at Citron a few times, and I think a yarn with subtle variegation like yours is a really good choice to add some visual texture. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Rumi said...

Very lovely and it looks like it will be versatile in your wardrobe. Must keep this pattern in the back of my mind for future attention.

SockPixie said...

Thanks Laura and Rumi. The shawl is turning out beautifully.