Thursday, April 21, 2011

Traditional "pull marin": Done!

I finished the little "pull marin" for Mini SockPixie yesterday. I had to make one of these traditional sweaters. We have all had one at one point when we were kids. My grandma would knit them for us, for our cold holidays on the Normandie coast, along the windy Channel.


I designed the sweater with raglan sleeves, and chose to make " chunky, masculine" decreases for my new little man. The sweater has a discrete buttoned opening in the back to allow for gentle pulling on and off. I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in Navy Blue, and a creamy white. The sweater was knit to be seamless (my absolute favorite), so knit in the round,  on US 3 needles.


I am going to knit a little hat to match with the left over yarns!



And then I could also sew some little pants from a light stretchy jeans fabric to make a complete little outfit! So many projects, so little time!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ooohhhh....I LOVE this! Thanks for sharing.

SockPixie said...

Thanks Susan!