Monday, April 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Paul-Hugo

Happy Birthday to my big boy Paul-Hugo who is now 11 years old. 11 years ago you were born on April 2 at 8:23 p.m. 11 years ago and every year since, you have been my marriage anniversary present. 11 years ago was a very special day. Rolfe and I woke up that morning, and wondered as you were a little late wether this was the day. We decided Rolfe should go to work as usual. I walked Alexandra to school all the way down he hill. I was about to go do laundry at the laudromat,when you gave me a little warning sign that this was the day that you and I would look into eachother's eyes for the first time. I felt another contraction, mild, and then another 15 minutes later, and then another. I called Rolfe back. He came home, picked up Alexandra from school, and dropped her with our best friends Kevin and Larry. Contractions were now coming closer, but we waited a little longer. We went for a long walk around Alamo Square, and at about 4, decided it was time to go. We did not have a car at the time, so we walked from Alamo Aquare to Kaiser on Geary, by the time we got there the contractions were well established, and you and I got to work. I wanted you to come on April 2 because it would be my marriage anniversary gift to Rolfe, and I think you wanted it as much as I did, and at 8:23 p.m. I got to hold you in my arms and the world stopped for a moment while Daddy and I stared into your eyes. Happy birthday, my love.

No comments: