Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's Off to Trouville...


This Sunday, SockPixie is taking you to Trouville. All my colorways are the fruit of cherished memories of my vacations spent in this little French ocean town on the coast of Normandie. The colors are really different, they reflect the softness of the air, and most of all the incredible light that I love so much. I have been thinking a lot about Trouville, as I do every spring. My children will be going there soon to spend time with my family, and I hope will create magical memories of their own. My family has been vacationing in Trouville since the 1930's when the Front Populaire gave all French workers paid vacations. It was a town close enough to Paris, just a few hours away by train or car, and it became a favorite for many families. My parents met there, I fell in love for the first time there, I learned to swim there, I learned to knit on the beach sitting at my grandmother's feet, I was a teenager there always forgetting it was time to go home...
I hope you will enjoy this trip to Trouville!

No comments: