Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Cerise Baby Sweater

 told you, knitting the Cerise Baby Sweater was a little addictive. Last night I needed a break from my work on another secret project. Another Cerise Baby Sweater was just the break I needed. Plus I have an excuse for knitting another one, one of my students in the French Class I teach is going to be a grandmother in the fall. I will give the sweater to her. This makes knitting another baby sweater completely necessary!

I had some left over yarn I dyed with natural dyes. Most were little odds and ends in golden tones, and I had a little more in a lovely steel blue grey.
I arranged the golden tones in a crescendo of intensity. The yellow would be perfect for the yoke, and the blue grey for the body.


I put on a movie, Madame de... by Max Ophüls... and I knit. The pattern is so easy I can almost knit with my eyes closed. Actually I just kept them open so I could watch the movie!

By the end of the movie, I was practically done. I finished the sweater this morning.




Now it is back to my secret project... That is until I need another break!


Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

gudrun said...

i love these colors they are really wonderful - these warm gold and the gray - great.
in which sizes are this jacket? only for newborns?
greetings - gudrun

SockPixie said...

Dear Gudrun,

The jacket comes in sizes preemie to 24 months. Here is a link to the pattern http://sockpixie.blogspot.com/2010/06/cerise-baby-sweater-pattern-is-ready.html

Happy knitting,

Caroline

Monique said...

Wow! Good for you! Takes me forever to complete a project. This looks great!

SockPixie said...

Thanks Monique! I tell you, in the newborn size, this project knits up so fast.

Diane said...

Such beautiful color blends for any project - like water color painting with yarn! It's nice when even a baby sweater comes out like a piece of art that can be passed down and cherished from one child and generation to the next. I will have to get this pattern as we have a new niece in the family. I've been knitting socks for her and a matching sweater would be nice for fall walks in her pram with mom and dad.

Susan said...

I look at your blog daily, but I am on vacation, so I had to find a computer because I don't have a laptop to take with me. I am having SockPixie withdrawls!!!! The colors on this sweater are breathtaking. When I return home I'm starting my Cerise Baby Sweater!

SockPixie said...

Have a great vacation Susan!